Your privacy is important to us. It is Batteryline’s policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our Website, https://www.batteryline.com, and other sites we own and operate.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who contact us or visit our Website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time, so please check this page regularly to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our Website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. Any question regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is effective as of 6 May 2021 and was last updated on 6 May 2021.
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
When you visit our Website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit, and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
We may ask for personal information which may include one or more of the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Company details
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our Website:
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use, and disclose information for the following purposes, and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to enable you to customise or personalise your experience of our Website;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our Website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to enable you to access and use our Website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms.
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
We will provide you with an autogenerated very strong password when you register a user account on www.batteryline.com. You are responsible for changing this and selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your own information within the bounds of our services.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
If you want your account to be deleted, we will delete it. Please email email@example.com, email subject: ACCOUNT DELETION REQUEST.
However, if necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal, accounting, or reporting obligation or for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific, or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a parent company, subsidiary company, or affiliate of our company;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services; for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers, or analytics platforms;
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you;
- third parties to collect and process data.
International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and/or processed where we or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain facilities. Please be aware that the locations to which we store, process, or transfer your personal information may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If we transfer your personal information to third parties in other countries:
- (i) we will perform those transfers in accordance with the requirements of applicable law; and
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
We will create an account when you register with www.batteryline.com. You can edit your profile by visiting your account at www.batteryline.com/my-account.
However, if you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors) e.g. Inspeclet, mouseflow.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume and so on). If we don’t use them, you may not be able to watch some video content. All of our videos are broadcast in YouTube, Vimeo and 3rd party video sharing applications which are embedded on our own website.
- You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may share anonymised behavioural data with advertising partners, including commercial organisations that fund content labelled ‘Supported by’, ‘Paid content/Paid for by’ or ‘Sponsor content/from our sponsors’. This may mean that when you are on other websites, you will be shown advertising based on your behaviour on an Ultima Media website. We may also show you advertising on our site based on your behaviour on other sites.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our sites. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you.
If you would like more information about OBA and how to opt out of it, please visit youronlinechoices.com ornetworkadvertising.org (if accessing from the US.)Advertising on mobile devices may require the collection and sharing of the unique device ID with companies who purchase advertising space on the mobile application.
Limits of Our Policy
Our Website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact us using the following details.