- Our Next Energy(ONE), a Michigan-based energy storage technology company, has announced a $1.6 billion investment in a new battery cell manufacturing plant, called ONE Circle, in Van Buren Township, Michigan. The recently constructed facility is expected to create 2,112 new jobs when operating at its full annual capacity of 20 GWh by the end of 2027, equivalent to 200,000 electric vehicle battery packs annually.
- FREYR Battery, a developer of clean, next-generation battery cell production capacity, has entered into an agreement with Aleees, the Taiwan-based lithium-iron phosphate (“LFP”) cathode battery material manufacturer.
- ACC and Siemens partner to enable sustainable battery cell gigafactory production.
Siemens and Automotive Cells Company (ACC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to join forces in a new strategic partnership. Under the agreement, Siemens will become ACC’s preferred supplier in automation, digitalization, and electrification technology, enabling ACC to scale-up its production, maximizing plant and energy efficiency.
- AMTE Power, the developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion and sodium-ion battery cells for specialist markets, has signed a contract to manufacture its Ultra High Power cells at UKBIC in Coventry to support the next phase of its commercialisation plans.
- SK On, a global electric vehicle (EV) battery manufacturer, has signed alithium supply deal with Australia’s Lake Resources, a move that will further strengthen its key battery materials supply chain in response to robust business growth and geopolitical risks.