- @James Eaton founder of IONETIC joins the expert’s community at Batteryline.com
- The Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED) Board approved a $330,250,366 million tax break for Tesla. The state board approved the abatement considering Tesla’s plans to invest $3.6 billion to expand Gigafactory Nevada in Storey County.
- Honda and LG Energy Solution held the official groundbreaking ceremony for a new joint venture EV battery plant more than 2 million square feet in size, to be located in Fayette County, near Jeffersonville, Ohio—about 40 miles southwest of Columbus.
- SEGULA Technologies supports the industrial deployment of its client ACC in France and Europe.
The European automotive market is rapidly electrifying, and the need for batteries to equip vehicles is increasing. According to the European Commission, demand will increase 12-fold between 2018 and 2030.
- Samsung SDI team up with General Motors to build a battery manufacturing plant, Yonhap news agency reported on Friday.
The two are expected to sign an agreement on Wednesday to build the factory in the U.S. state of Michigan, the report said, citing industry sources.