- Sovema Group Announces a New Battery Lab Project with Fraunhofer FFB: Sovema Group announce the launch of a joint project with Fraunhofer Research Institution for Battery Cell Production FFB: the construction of a complete assembly line for the production of large-size pouch cells. Several institutes are involved with the project: Fraunhofer FFB, IWS and IPA as well as the chair PEM of RWTH Aachen University.
Source: Batteries News
- Founded in Türkiye, ASPİLSAN Enerjihas started mass production of rechargeable lithium-ion cylindrical cell at its facility in Kayseri.The General Manager of ASPİLSAN Enerji, Ferhat Özsoy, stated that the size of the battery cell ASPİLSAN Enerji produces is 18650, its capacity is 2800 mAh and its voltage is 3.65V.
Source: Battery Industry
- How does battery recycling actually work? Swipe to see how Revolt is closing the loop on batteries
Source: LinkedIn Northvolt
- LG Chem is going to build a $3B EV battery cathode factory – the largest in the US. The new plant, which will be sited in Clarksville, will be the largest of its kind in the US. It will sit on 420 acres and is expected to produce 120,000 tons of cathode material annually by 2027. That’s enough to power batteries in 1.2 million EVs with a range of 310 miles per charge.
- BMW to build high-voltage battery assembly in Debrecen. BMW has announced that it will build assembly lines for the high-voltage batteries next to the new vehicle plant in Debrecen, Hungary. The first construction work is already underway, and production of the battery packs will then begin in parallel with vehicle production of the New Class.